See You In Hell!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Men Underwater (thanks to Dan for reminding me of this! Made my day!!)

This is a little piece of fiction that started with me clipping a homoerotic image advertising a University of Iowa grad student's play, titled "Men Underwater", from a local newspaper. I then taped the image up at my friend Dan's desk at work. Ha ha ha...funny me. Little did I know, the adventure had only begun.The next day, the picture was hanging at MY desk, and Dan had added a little open-ended descriptive blurb. Naturally, I added my own blurb in response, and then cleverly planted it back at his desk, between some papers. A few days later, I unrolled a roll of drawings for a meeting, and there it was again. I hastily responded, and planted it back into Dan's lunch bag in the fridge (or some such nonsense). The game was on! And the blurbs were becoming a story...a story that still slays me to this day, and makes me wonder where my ability to write such absurdity went:

http://static.flickr.com/38/106362309_7740a7d370_o.jpg

NOTE: In order to read this, you will probably have to save the image to your computer, and then open it and zoom in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home