See You In Hell!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knuckling under to Sister pressure: "Siete by Amycita"

Seven things I want to do before I die:
OK right now I kinda want to die b/c I have a head/back ache so I am gonna come back to this list later...

Let's start with 7 movies that I think are much better than Cats and I want to see again and again:

1. The Wedding Singer (just saw this again yesterday)
2. The Princess Bride
3. Office Space
4. DodgeBall
5. Harry Potter
6. Heathers (although it has been awhile since I have watched this one)
7. Goonies

Books I love:
1. Harry Potter (all of them)
2.anything by Jodi Piccoult (so far; haven't read all of hers yet)
3. almost anything by Tom Robbins (didn't love Another Roadside Attraction; loved everything else though)
4. Bridget Jones' Diary & Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
5. Sue Grafton's Kinsey Milhone mysteries ( A through S) and Sarah Paretsky's VI Warshawski mysteries--they kick ass, AND they get ass.
6. Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott
7. Dave Barry Slept Here, Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need and the Dave Barry computer book(I forgot the title...)


7 Things that attract me to blogging:

1. Karicita's blog is a running narrative into the mind of my best friend and that makes me feel close to her and therefore happy!
2. Reading/Viewing things that make me laugh out loud
3. It feels taboo to look at it at work--and I like that!
4. Shameless self-aggrandizement!
5.Knowing that other people think the same, twisted thoughts that I do, and somehow they are surviving out in society, so I can make it too!
6. Access to opinions of people I might never otherwise meet, and if I did meet them, we might not exchange such witty banter b/c of social etiquette--and that being said, I like that the blog reminds me to say etiquette? schmetiquette! and say what I think in the hopes of finding other like-minded people.
7.Fear that someone will track me down and file a suit (is that how you spell that kind of suit?) against me and end my teaching career--oh no wait, that's what I HATE about it...

7 things I CANNOT do:
1. Snowboard (or bobsled or luge, for that matter...)
2. live without cats in my home!
3. stop drinking coffee/caffeinated beverages
4. last for more than a few days on less than 8 hours of sleep each night
5. chew and swallow raw celery
6. wear uncomfortable clothes/shoes for more than 5 minutes (i.e: tight waistbands, restrictive blazers, ANY uncomfortable shoes)
7. Drive in any kind of traffic without getting just a little bit road rage-y.

7 Things I say most often:
1. Dude & cool ( I know,they are tired, worn out and lame, but they are stuck in there, sorry)
2. Jub Jub
3. Gracias
4. Me Gusta (said like two separate words: Me. Gusta.)
5. You can do it (said like Rob Schneider in Water Boy--I use this exclusively at school when teaching my students)
6. WhadidIsay? (said like Shamika Latifah Boqueefa(etc)--y'know, that character on Mad TV who is that stereotypical ghetto black girl and you roll the d like an r? Incidentally, I ACTUALLY heard a woman say that in real life and I don't think she was making a joke either!!)
7. Jesus fucking christ

RIP sayings: These are fun things I used to say with my Newton teacher buddies; I miss them and the sayings: takeiteez, No you didn't (said like we were black), "aaand, we're done"

OK, my headache meds and coffee with Bailey's have kicked in so I no longer feel like dying and can therefore commence with the things to do before I die list(prior to this, the list could only have included stuff I could do in 5 minutes like, lay down, moan, pet a cat etc.):
1. Travel to Europe and the UK again--also, Australia and Hawaii
2. Figure out a second career I can do so when I burn out on this one I don't have to do it half assed for 20 more years
3. Have a kid (?) maybe, yes, I don't know...
4. Learn to love how I look and not always wish I was thinner
5. Find a group of people to play in a band with for fun--also learn to play guitar a lot better!
6. Go to a Spanish speaking country for a few months (at least) and get my language skills on!
7. Get together with my distant friends & relatives as often as possible: for ex: Ariadma, Kari, Jege and Em, Garla & Jim, my Newton peeps (Anndy, Zach, Matty...) old Carleton friends (Griffin, Em Moerer and Ben Black...) Nicky (the best man at our wedding), & Alecia (she lives in Chicago, so we're going to go see her pretty soon I think)

Wow, I really liked that last list! It made me feel kind of uplifted or something. Of course, when the day to day drudgery gets me down, I wonder if the list will uplift me or cruelly mock my pain? We'll see.

OK, now here are 7 people whose lists o' seven I would want to read:
1. Karicita
2. Garla Lou (AKA mom)
3. Jimbo (AKA Dad)
4. Jub Jub (AKA Rob)
5-7 Basically any of my friends' lists; but they don't all read this blog or have their own so OK, here's one more thing to do before I die (or, like, this weekend): send an email to these friends with my blog address. But I fear rejection: what if I send it to them and no one comments or indicates in anyway that they have read the blog? That would suck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Hmmm...I kinda want to die too, but I will try my back pain meds with coffee & Bailey's and see if that alleviates the condition. Of course, it's only 8:58 am here, so perhaps I should wait until noon.....Ah, screw it. As Grandma Elliott used to say, "It's noon somewhere in the world"

Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 9:00:00 AM PST

 
Blogger kari said...

amycita! you have a SCATHINGLY WITTY LIST! a mighty "W" to you!

Monday, February 27, 2006 at 6:48:00 AM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home