See You In Hell!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Entrepreneurial Deer

I really like my little town! I was riding my bike tonight and I saw a deer just standing right next to the bike path. I slowed down and he did this beautifully graceful leap and then stopped and turned back to look at me (I was like, what, now it's my turn to leap?) Anyhoo, we just kind of stared at each other for a while. He was so elegant and alert. Finally the spell was broken when a kid on a bike rode up, then the deer again leaped away (they bound away all extra high up with their legs all tucked in, it can hardly be an energy effective method of transport, but it sure looks pretty). Thus ended my enchanting nature experience. I wondered if maybe these deer do barmitzvahs and golden wedding anniversaries and shit. Like maybe the deer would have a card that said something like: Experience the Grace and Wonder of Interacting with Wildlife. Call 555-1234 and ask for Jason or Carl. And like when they aren't performing acts of grace and wonderment they are around the corner smoking and picking at their hooves. Next time I am gonna bring a camera and get a picture of these deer. I have seen at least between 4 and 6 since I have been here. I know there are at least four b/c I saw them all together, and then on two occassions I have seen a single deer. I figure maybe there are only so many deer working one area.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

"Smoking and picking at their hooves".....pure poetry.

And yes, they DO do Bar Mitzvahs. Call 1-800-OY-VEY, and ask for Moishe.

Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 8:39:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Also, what I think the deer was trying to say when he jumped gracefully away with his legs all tucked up high & inefficient was:

"Look what I can do!!"

Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 9:03:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger eM said...

We almost got Carl to leap across the bridge over where we got hitched but he was busy doing a christening that day and honestly, he's not that comfortable leaping around on rocks when it's a bit rainy.

That's why we had the heron and the eagle fly overhead--they had the day free and are much more reliable in cloudy wet weather.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 at 8:59:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

you don't want carl OR jason -- you want their ex-business partner, jerry. he's just as graceful as the other guys, but he'll cost way less. he's our usual guy.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 at 3:44:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Didnt you hear? Jerry's got CWD. He sold the business to pay for his medical bills.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 at 4:08:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home