See You In Hell!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Tales from the 'hood

This morning, when I was just about ready to hop on my bike and pedal my merry way to work, I noticed that something was, well, Off in my neighborhood.

And by "off", I mean 11 cop cars, one fire truck and an ambulance at the house on the corner, a mere two houses away from Chez Jege. This is the same house where the driver of what we like to call "The Pussy Wagon" lives ( http://static.flickr.com/35/71322025_303da0332b.jpg ) and 2 houses down from the House of the Godawful Fountain: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jegecita/71317923/in/set-532830/. But I digress.

The entire yard was crime taped-off, and a couple of cops were interviewing an obviously shaken young woman. I pulled my bike up to one of the 1700 cops that were "securing the area" (ie, standing around), and asked in a nice neighborly, non-threatening way, "Hi! What's going on?". But alas, they wouldn't tell me. I can only imagine that it was some sort of breakfast squabble gone horribly wrong (I scanned the area for the telltale signs of splattered Malt-o-Meal and grapefruit halves, but found none. Damn, those crime scene cleanup crews are thorough).

Anyway, here's a voyeuristic photo from my living room window:

Happy May Day....NOT.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pussy wagon is AWESOME!

JJ

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 9:27:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I just checked the local news, and apparently THIS is what happened:
http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4842235

Lovely.

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 9:32:00 AM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 1:13:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

No shit.

Now I can no longer say: "Hey, wanna come hang out in my neighborhood? We never get any home invasion/robberies..."

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 1:17:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous jurgen nation said...

The P Wagon ROCKS!!!

I can't even write it. It's a sickness.

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 2:44:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should create a color-coded 'Neighborhood Threat Level' with a little cutout of the pussy wagon to stick over the threat colour du jour.

Jub

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 4:10:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger goldennib said...

That truck is just, pink.

That fountain is soooo ugly it's cute. I want one.

Oh...my...God...why couldn't they have stolen the truck?

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 5:03:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Lisa said...

That bites! Reminds me of the time the crack house 2 doors down caught on fire. On the up-side, it did provide hours of firefighter watching entertainment.

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 8:38:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

that picture is pretty similar to my current 'hood!

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 at 3:00:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger goldennib said...

It must be pretty quiet usually, though, to have all of those cars show up on one call.

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 at 3:34:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Kato said...

You had me at Malt-o-Meal

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 at 1:19:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

Hoo-Ha Wagon: unbe-freaking-lievable!

The Fountain: wow. I'm utterly speechless.

Crime scene: scary. I'd be upping my security measures at home, 'cause I'm a big yellow chicken.

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 at 7:43:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous A. White said...

Crap! That's not far from my neighborhood. Have to take some...steps there.

Came here via your flickr set, love your pix!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 2:06:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Thank you, a.white! And welcome to the blog!

See ya 'round the 'hood, yo.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 3:14:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home