See You In Hell!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Tales from the 'hood

This morning, when I was just about ready to hop on my bike and pedal my merry way to work, I noticed that something was, well, Off in my neighborhood.

And by "off", I mean 11 cop cars, one fire truck and an ambulance at the house on the corner, a mere two houses away from Chez Jege. This is the same house where the driver of what we like to call "The Pussy Wagon" lives ( http://static.flickr.com/35/71322025_303da0332b.jpg ) and 2 houses down from the House of the Godawful Fountain: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jegecita/71317923/in/set-532830/. But I digress.

The entire yard was crime taped-off, and a couple of cops were interviewing an obviously shaken young woman. I pulled my bike up to one of the 1700 cops that were "securing the area" (ie, standing around), and asked in a nice neighborly, non-threatening way, "Hi! What's going on?". But alas, they wouldn't tell me. I can only imagine that it was some sort of breakfast squabble gone horribly wrong (I scanned the area for the telltale signs of splattered Malt-o-Meal and grapefruit halves, but found none. Damn, those crime scene cleanup crews are thorough).

Anyway, here's a voyeuristic photo from my living room window:

Happy May Day....NOT.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pussy wagon is AWESOME!

JJ

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 9:27:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I just checked the local news, and apparently THIS is what happened:
http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4842235

Lovely.

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 9:32:00 AM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 1:13:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

No shit.

Now I can no longer say: "Hey, wanna come hang out in my neighborhood? We never get any home invasion/robberies..."

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 1:17:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The P Wagon ROCKS!!!

I can't even write it. It's a sickness.

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 2:44:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should create a color-coded 'Neighborhood Threat Level' with a little cutout of the pussy wagon to stick over the threat colour du jour.

Jub

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 4:10:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Nessa said...

That truck is just, pink.

That fountain is soooo ugly it's cute. I want one.

Oh...my...God...why couldn't they have stolen the truck?

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 5:03:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Lisa said...

That bites! Reminds me of the time the crack house 2 doors down caught on fire. On the up-side, it did provide hours of firefighter watching entertainment.

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 8:38:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

that picture is pretty similar to my current 'hood!

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 at 3:00:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Nessa said...

It must be pretty quiet usually, though, to have all of those cars show up on one call.

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 at 3:34:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Kato said...

You had me at Malt-o-Meal

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 at 1:19:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

Hoo-Ha Wagon: unbe-freaking-lievable!

The Fountain: wow. I'm utterly speechless.

Crime scene: scary. I'd be upping my security measures at home, 'cause I'm a big yellow chicken.

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 at 7:43:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap! That's not far from my neighborhood. Have to take some...steps there.

Came here via your flickr set, love your pix!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 2:06:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Thank you, a.white! And welcome to the blog!

See ya 'round the 'hood, yo.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 3:14:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home