See You In Hell!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Not feeling searingly witty at the moment...

Am tired and crabby. Why do even good changes = stress and trauma to me? What the fuck?!? I guess I fear change. OK well, maybe it isn't all that neurotic of me to be stressed by the sight of tons of boxes filling my apartment as I attempt to turn on my kick to finish the school year (this attempt metaphorically looks like trying to kick start a dying motorcycle--actually more of a Vespa). I give one final exam tomorrow (which i just finished writing tonight) and 2 finals on Friday (one of which i just finished writing tonight. And the only reason the other was done was b/c it was a departmental final meaning someone else wrote it long, long ago.) The cats are really loving the new obstacle course created by our packing. Both of them have decided that sitting in the bookcase rules. I think that if possible we should leave them some shelf space in the new house. It really cheers me up to walk by and do a double take when I glimpse a kitty sitting in an unexpected place. OOh, Bosco is stalking Lucy around a particularly large box. He resembles a racoon: all stripey, big, and getting into everything. It's so cute! So I should be cheerful and happy because on Monday we are officially "closing" on the house. ("you're surrounded, house, come out with your eaves up...") But my musical motto being "always look on the bright side of life" I'm dreading the 12 hour drive this Saturday/Sunday and the return trip on Tues/Wed. Then I have a few more responsibilities and parties for work, plus organizing and packing up all my shite from my cubicle (it's a mini-office) as well as the stuff in all the classrooms I teach in, let's see, there are 5 total. 5. In my new school they tell me I'll have one room that is mine. I can't wait for that! Plus the building was newly refurbished where as the one I am currently in is moldy, poorly ventilated, was designed by a architect known for his work in prisons (and it shows) and it's overcrowded too boot (how the hell is that little phrase supposed to be spelled?!? Is it French? Please advise.)

2 Comments:

Blogger eM said...

Hang in there Amy-cita! remember you rock much and are loved!!! And when we're there over the 4th, we'll help you relax, k? lots o' walking, some margaritas, overall good times!

and if you need help packing, we'll do it! Congrats on closing on the house--that is great.

i think it's a big year o' change for the Lein Girls 3--Jege, what huge things are you changing?? besides a little something-something coming up in the next week or two? mrew?

Amycita: moving, new job, completely new area, packing up life, heading west--Rob also changing all things at same time. good stuff, but indeed stressors.

me: finishing graduate degree (defending the 22nd!!?!??!? f'ing hell!!), changing jobs, finishing garage and other things on house, hopefully moving a little south. certainly the move is about 1/100 the amazing adventure as the Amycita, but still a move with all the joys of aforementioned packing up entire life to scoot across town.

Crazy times! You are taking Jimbo's advice tho--watch the cats, they are relaxed and goofy--be like the cat..

to boot...hmmmm.. mrew?

Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 5:05:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

"To Boot"
Adverb
S: (adv) additionally, in addition, to boot (by way of addition; furthermore) "he serves additionally as the CEO"

As fo me, I was in the hospital on thursday getting an epidural steroid injection into the L5 disc in my back. Fun fucking times.

Monday, June 20, 2005 at 8:18:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home