See You In Hell!

Friday, May 27, 2005

Name that tune...

Has a song ever popped into your head, and for the life of you, you cannot remember the name of the song? But you can’t stop humming it, and now your coworkers have it stuck in their heads too, and they’re plotting to toss your ass into the nearest chipper shredder? I’m suffering from this tragic affliction at this very moment, and it suddenly occurred to me that there should be a telephone number (1-800-WTF-TUNE, perhaps?) that you can call, where you can then hum or sing your mystery song to a “melody operator” who will then tell you what the name of the song is. Because it’s damn near impossible to Google :

“that one song from that movie starring Tom Cruise that goes like DA-DAAAA-da-da-da-dooooo-DING DA!!!”

or

"that music that they always play during wacky chase scenes in old cartoons, you know, DA! DA! DA! DA! dada-dada-dada da..."

5 Comments:

Blogger amycita said...

If this gold mine of an idea comes to fruition I could be one of those operators. In fact, I bet if you hummed that tune into your computer and saved it and posted that, I could tell you what the song is. It's a gift. Or a scar from growing up when MTV was just starting out and it was on cable and you made me stand in the corner with my arms at right angles to simulate a tv antenna so we could illegally tune it in. ("shit, I can't see Simon Le Bon! Lift your right arm a little higher...)

Friday, May 27, 2005 at 6:37:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

if the song was in any movie released in the last 50 years, chances are i'll know the name, the artist, and what line was said during that scene.
a gift, you say? i call it a curse.

Friday, May 27, 2005 at 9:19:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Crystal said...

sometimes i sing without knowing that i sing until some random person points it out or strangers give me the stank eye. i am the whitest girl you will ever meet. the other day at work, i got a ludacris song in my head. so when my boss walked by i just happened to be singing, "abracadabra here's a magic trick i smoked up all the weed". he asked me to keep it down. needless to say, i nixed any opportunity for furthering my career with this company.

Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at 6:19:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I too am guilty of singing without knowing I am singing. Only I tend to make up lyrics to popular songs, and given my penchant for swearing, it always seems to get me some interesting looks.
I feel your pain, sister.

Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at 8:11:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger amycita said...

Hey I think sexylovepits is the long lost Lein Girl #4! I too am the whitest girl ever and regularly sing any tune that is stuck in my head. However, I'm more like Michael Bolton from Office Space: while driving I sing/rap along like I'm a bad mofo unless someone black is walking by or in the next car, then I shut my white hole and roll up the window.

Friday, June 10, 2005 at 9:29:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home