See You In Hell!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Cat on a cool green roof...

I was just about ready to fall asleep last night. the window was open, the sounds of little creatures doing their thing, the occasional car or loud Harley zooming by, all in all, pretty standard for a cool but definitely not cold evening. Then I hear what sounds like a squirrel on the roof. I look out the window and notice that the screen was off (due to a Dylan expedition a few weeks back to pull down a tree branch that was thwacking the roof in a most annoying manner). I didn't see a squirrel, but quickly closed the window as i didn't want any weird creature to come in. We weren't thinking of our creature who may have snuck outside however...After a long search for Pabs, Dyl ventured up on the roof and sure enough, found Mr. Pabs way up over the top near the back end of the house. He didn't seem too thrilled as he was brought back in from his exciting kitty adventure, but cheered up enough to snug up later...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I just remembered something insanely relevant to both this post and the one about singing. A while back, I got the song "kiss on my list" by Hall & Oates stuck in my head, and found myself making up my own lyrics.....it went a little like this:

"...because your cat, your cat is on my roof, because your cat, your cat is so aloof, because your cat is on my roof, and I will shoot him downnnnnnnn..."

Thank you! I'll be here all week! Try the veal!

Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at 8:26:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger eM said...

nah...we're pushovers...we snugged him well and gave him a snack! we were worried that if we scolded him, he'd be mad we made him come back.

Such pushovers we are..he IS a cat though...not that we'd be so nice w/ a kid or something....'Adventure Cat' (as Dyl was calling him) on the roof at 11 pm is one thing, but munchkins need a bit more structure...We'll fence in part of the roof for them!

i do like your song, Jege! but really, how can anyone not like ditties to the tune of anything by Hall & Oates?

Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at 8:45:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

"...because your cat, your cat is on my roof..." is BEAUTIFUL!
on the topic of cats getting outdoors and encountering near-death experiecnes..
we were removing carpet from abbey's room and we had taken her screen out of the window to toss out the old carpet -- we heard a noise, looked out to see our cat Litle Brother hanging by his claws on the OUTSIDE of the screen! that sneaky boy! then he jumped onto the roof right outside the window and hopped back inside. so he was fine. but i was concerned. the end.

Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at 10:59:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger amycita said...

I am very glad that Lucy is not up in my grill reading the screen right now (as she is want--wont?-- to do) b/c I don't want (not wont) her to get any ideas about becoming "Adventure Cat" herself. Mostly we worry that Bosco (aka Bubba) will knock the screen out while viciously and clumsily attacking a bug. If given the chance he jumps on the sill and squeezes his 18 pound self up high between the glass and the screen so that from the outside, the screen becomes a furry bulge.

Friday, June 10, 2005 at 9:41:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home