See You In Hell!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pet peeve du jour

I HATE it when people do not use the words "overachiever" and "underachiever" correctly.

Academically, an Overachiever is one who performs at a level above what his or her IQ would suggest, while an Underachiever performs poorly, despite documented giftedness or intelligence.

So, the next time some fuckwad boasts that they're an Overachiever, feel free to giggle at their admission of success in spite of their lack of intelligence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

this is right-on. Never thought about it, in spite of thinking myself a grammarmama.

I'm definitely an overachiever. In that my IQ, I am convinced, is barely above that of a cocker spaniel.

BUT LOOK AT ALL SHE HAS ACHIEVED! whoo hoo!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 4:29:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

We had an UNDERachieving cocker spaniel when we were growing up. Her only claims to fame were biting my sister in the face, and peeing when yelled at.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 11:03:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger eM said...

oh but she was sweet :) And that little underbite - so cute...

And she gave me many laughs when dad tried to take her out on a leash while he was on the bicycle... It didn't turn out as he expected, to say the least, and he survived with no major injuries.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 5:59:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I can't believe that dad tried that with her too. When I was little, he
tried it with our crazy irish setter Tego, and she totally crashed him.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 7:25:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home