See You In Hell!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Bijnki!!!

Warning - non-snarky post so if you want just the snark, bug off and come back later.

It's a boy!



So kiddo #2 is a boy. At first I was not excited about this. We already have a girl. I have sisters. My husband has brothers. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Also, I've known so many guys who are such dinks that it scared me we'd have one of those. Women can be awful too, no question. I've just known more women I've liked and have an easier time connecting with them. So what do I do with a little boy? Also, the whole snip issue is NOT something I've ever looked forward to having to decide for another person. I'd be happy to go with whatever Mr. Bijnkles wants, but I hate that we have to make that decision for him.

After thinking it over a lot though, I'm actually pretty happy that we're having a boy. It will be fun to see what differences and similarities there are between the two. Also, when everyone describes a typical boy toddler, I think they're talking about my daughter, so I'm curious to know if the boy will be like that as well. I've also heard that boys are sweet on their moms while girls tend to be daddy's girls. Elliott is definitely daddy's little girl, so maybe the boy will dig his mum!

So far pregnancy still sux and I can't wait to be done - just like last time. This time though I am a bit happier about the whole thing in that I have a slight clue about what to expect and after this one, we are sooo done and I never have to be pregnant again. Also, having Elliott around gives perspective into why we go through this and why I essentially give up my body to a wee little parasite that eats my food, messes with my hormones and makes me into a miserable wretch much of the time: she's the sweetest little badger I've ever met and there are few days that she doesn't make me laugh and smile so much that my face hurts. When she laughs it's just ridiculous how much it makes everything worth it. So we did it again and in late April, we will get to meet the little monkey who is the reason I wasn't able to enjoy a good pint while in London.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I am still in disbelief that bijnki is a boy. I mean, I have good friends who gave birth to wonderful little boys, but it still seems strange to me. Boys are such alien creatures; besides our father, Em & I grew up in a house of females. Even the PETS were girls, for chrissakes. We all collectively rolled out eyes at dad when he exhibited "stupid male reactions", and I felt like males were sort of a necessary evil in the world, put there for sex, killing bugs, and routinely pissing me off. So em, I really, REALLY understand the initial apprehension. But now, I too am excited about Boy Bijnki. This will be a learning experience for us all. It's about time we leingirls learned that Boys are People too.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 8:53:00 AM PST

 
Blogger kari said...

i'm pretty excited that em and i are having boys within mere DAYS of each other -- and yes, having grown up with only girls, it does seem a foreign concept to me as well. however i've been lucky to have connected closely with so many guys that i've seen how amazing they are, and this is our chance, emily, to provide more amazing guys to the world population! go us!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 12:19:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Hooray for little Bubba Joe Bijnki! (at least that's what I'm calling him)

Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 11:13:00 AM PST

 
Blogger Jason said...

I have to warn you though... As you will be the mother of a baby boy, watch out for the bazooka urine stream that happens uncontrollably often while changing the diaper. Nothing like wiping baby piss off you at three in the morning to wake you the hell up. Oh, and watch out for the raging hormonal ups and downs your boy will go through...he will be ambient one second, and the next, it will seem as if he just ingested raw Starbucks Gold Coast coffee beans just as an appetizer! Hold on for the ride! Oh yeah, and we are not just here for the sex, killing bugs, and routinely pissing off our spouses, but the sex part is definitely a bonus...often possessing us say how women are possessed by acquisition of shoes, lingerie, quality shampoo and a decent hair dryer! Am I off base there? Eh, what do I know...I took a year of Hebrew language class once and that was easier to understand than the needs of my wife or all females for that matter. Congrats on the upcoming bambino BTW! I am excited for ya.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 9:09:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

When Sebastian was little Eric would fold a washcloth in half (so it formed a triangle), and every time he changed S's diaper, he'd plunk the triangle down right over the little firehose. Cut down on accidental face-pissings by like 90%.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 9:07:00 AM PST

 
Blogger kari said...

when i change my nephew's diaper, i always hold the new diaper over his stuff to avoid the face shower. and em, i think d and i have decided on the non-snipping of the boy. just seems unnecessary.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 9:40:00 AM PST

 
Blogger eM said...

Oh yes....The joys of being peed on! I hadn't even thought much about that.

I'll have to remember to cover it up each time less I too want to be the victim of the 'bazooka urine' :)

We'll have to keep our eye on little Bubba Joe Bijnki for a few reasons, but I do wonder if he'll be crazier than the 'badger.' She's pretty intense :)

Monday, December 31, 2007 at 7:05:00 AM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home