See You In Hell!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Teatime, or, Another Reason Why I Hate The Bus

This morning on the bus, I sat in front of 2 strangers who happened to strike up a conversation about tea.

Their innocent smalltalk escalated rapidly into a philosophical discussion on the Origins of Tea, thoughtfully dissecting personal experiences with ALL types of tea, from green to red, complete with psychological analyses of tea preferences, and the possible cultural, sociological and genetic components thereof.
This tête-à-tête of tea continued, exhaustively probing the differences between hot and cold, Lipton and Tetley, sugar & milk or " straight up". It was a motherfucking Thesis of Tea, and lasted the entire length of my half-hour ride into the urban core.

My point? There is none. It just made me want to punch them both in the throat. Except for the parts where they mentioned "teabags". Then I just giggled.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

i FREAKING HATE IT when people start talking about tea.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 2:48:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Paisley said...

Wow. Who knew there was so much to say about tea. How annoying.

Friday, March 24, 2006 at 7:55:00 AM PST

 
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

While I'm completely enamored with tea (enamored of? whatev)... that would have been too pretentious for words.

And I would have laughed LOUDLY at the teabags.

Friday, March 24, 2006 at 3:00:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home