See You In Hell!

Monday, April 09, 2007

WOLVERINES!!!

Red Dawn was on TV this weekend, and I found myself hopelessly entranced by its preposterous plot and trite dialogue...it was even worse than the last time I'd seen it, sometime in the early '90s.

Anyway, I couldn't help but wonder what a different movie it would have been if they hadn't been allowed to use the words "You boys". There would be no "You boys get as much food and sleeping bags as you can carry", or "you boys stay up in them mountains and don't come down", or "you boys be careful" etc.

Also, I found it positively terrifying that I KNEW so much of the dialogue...that movie quotes from this possible predecessor to "snakes on a plane" occupied so much of my grey matter:

"You think you're so smart, man, but you're just a bunch of scared kids."

"You're getting pretty low on feelings, aren't you? (answer: I can't afford them)."

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid. (answer: It keeps me warm). "

"Tell me what's the difference between us and them? (answer: Because WE LIVE HERE!)."

"AVENGE ME, BOYS! AVEEEEEEENGE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Don't CRY! Just let it turn to somethin' else, man. Turn...To...Somethin'...Else. Let it turn...let it turn..."


Wolverines, indeed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kato said...

We're all used up.

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 12:57:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

"I know I was hard on you boys but now you know why"

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 1:29:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Kato said...

It behooves me to point out that in the Scrubs episode "My Heavy Meddle" Turk and Elliot watch Red Dawn together. J.D. comes home and is disappointed Elliot is there (they had just broken up) and when he finds out what they are watching says, dejected, "Wolverines", whilst raising his fist.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 1:59:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I remember that episode well. *sigh*

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 2:12:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Kato said...

I wanted to post a clip but couldn't find it on YouTube. :(

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 8:55:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home