See You In Hell!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I hate " 1 in 4 "...

I am now officially a member of that prestigious club, "one in four people will fall victim to credit card fraud".

Yes, while I was on a business trip yesterday I attempted to use my company-issued credit card (for business trips only, obviously) and it was declined. TWICE. When I called work to find out what gives, I learned that somebody had charged upwards of $600 at various places around Portland, including almost $200 at some video game store. The credit card company assumed they were fraudulent charges, and cancelled the card. Thank fucking GOD.

The part I cannot figure out is that I still have the card IN MY POSSESSION. And all of these charges occurred on Sunday, May 28, while I was at home recovering from the NIN concert the night before. Did I mention that the card never left my possession? WTF?!!!!!!!

And. AND!!!! I have only ever used the card on business trips. Meals at the airport. Gas for the rental car. Cab rides home. And some of the other fraudulent charges were at places like ATMs, which require an actual, physical CARD, not just skimmed numbers. I am baffled. And filled with murderous rage towards the fuckers who ripped me off. I am going to do all I can to find the perpetrators, and then slowly remove their balls with a can opener.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kato said...

Welcome to the club. We've been waiting for you.

That is seriously odd, though. No one ever buys anything fun with credit card fraud. Sure, a bunch of games, big whoop. I'm talking fun like a fifty gallon drum of hot fudge and a case of maraschino cherries in syrup.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 11:04:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I know! At least they could buy something memorable, like 50 pygmy goats and a 10 gallon bottle of K-Y.

Or perhaps the entire collection of "precious moments" figurines.

Personally, I find the latter more horrific.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 11:40:00 AM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, K-Y hasn't made a 10-gallon since 2002. You can still get the 5-gallon, though.

...um, I've heard.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 3:13:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

You know what's interesting is how many stores will accept a credit card number without the actual card in your possession.

So, Tommy PizzaFace can walk into a video store, say he forgot his mom's credit card, give the number... and the jackasses at the store will accept it!!! Maybe if they'd stop being ignoramuses, there'd be less fraud?!?!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 8:03:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Nessa said...

Perhaps they called the cc company and had a replacement card sent to them?

Thursday, June 1, 2006 at 3:25:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Nessa said...

Maybe they called a got a replacement card sent to them.

Am I going to see you on one of those cc fraud commercials? What voice will they use for you?

Thursday, June 1, 2006 at 3:47:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home