See You In Hell!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The blogger as a young child.....

Dawn's post ( http://readmereadmenot.blogspot.com/) about baby books made me curious to read what was written in my very own baby book. So, I dug it out. My husband was shocked because: "Aren't parents supposed to, like, KEEP their kids' baby books? Why do you have your baby book?" and so on until I flipped him the bird and told him to expletive off.

I do not know WHY my sisters and I each have our own baby books in our respective possessions, and why they aren't at Lein Parents Central. So drop it, fuckers!!! I'm sure mommy loved me.....right? RIGHT?!!!!!

Anyhoo, on to the baby book excerpts (by the way, I was born on June 27):


  • July 21, Franciscan Monastery - Jenny slept through her first mass.
  • September 30 - Jenny's already showing food preferences. She makes horrible faces and cries when I feed her meats or vegetables.....pineapple and cottage cheese seem to be her favorites.
  • October 23 - Jenny's first baby visitor arrived this afternoon with his mom. Jenny & little Eric seemed to be getting along fairly well until Jenny let out her Steam Engine Yell. Poor little Eric was startled to tears, & his mommy had to comfort & quiet him. Jenny chuckled.
  • Christmas - What a character! Jenny's sound vocabulary grows. She varies her squeals & hollers...sometimes diminutive sighs alternate with miniature water buffalo bellows. At times, she drowns out her daddy's favorite TV programs; she frequently interrupts Steve Allen.
  • January 15 - Ann Arbor, Michigan, University of Michigan Campus: ....the young clerk at the bookstore burbled that Jenny was SOOOO sweet, just like a little angel. Jenny burped.
  • February 9 - Jenny's social contacts have increased; she's met more children her age. She tends to be outgoing and even aggressive about taking toys away from other kids.

So, in essence, I am (and have been since birth, apparently):

  • Irreverent towards organized religion, particularly Catholicism.
  • A picky little shit who hates most foods.
  • In possession of the oh-so-useful ability to make men cry. And then laugh at them.
  • A loudmouth who hates Steve Allen.
  • Gaseous, but with good comedic timing.
  • NOT a team player. A dick, even.

Now WHY do my parents not have my baby book again? Oh. Yeah. Now I get it.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAHAHA! Wow, this could have been you yesterday, huh?

BTW, I was born on June 22. This explains why we're so eerily similar.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 4:43:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Ah yes, a fellow Cancerian near the cusp of Gemini......we RAWK!!!

Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 4:44:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Lisa said...

I was wondering why no one visited you until October...

Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 8:31:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Nessa said...

Don't let the press get a hold of that book. It could start an international incident. What? I don't know. Never mind. Bye.

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 3:39:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger eM said...

Jege, you know the only reason we all have our baby books is because mom and dad have a not-so-ideal storage method that involves potential cat pee.

It's safer that we have them!

And of course mommy loved you :)

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 5:18:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Paisley said...

We all have our baby books, too. Soon my parents will pawn all of our childhood photos off on us. Hmmm....

:)

I think she just figures it is more fun for me to have it. I dunno...either that or she's sick of storing kid crap.

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 8:40:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Paisley said...

Oh - Cancers rule!!!!!

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 8:41:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Crystal said...

my mom, who is rather untraditional, has a baby book for me. an empty one. apparently, i was such a handful that she never had time to sleep, let alone write. in order to make up for this, she has started creating a book of advice telling about her life and things that i may need to know. i am sure it includes things like spankings, sex with my dad, and why my brother is still a turd.

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 10:23:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger JulieGong said...

"October 23 - Jenny's first baby visitor arrived this afternoon with his mom. Jenny & little Eric seemed to be getting along fairly well until Jenny let out her Steam Engine Yell. Poor little Eric was startled to tears, & his mommy had to comfort & quiet him. Jenny chuckled." This is perfect!!

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 11:05:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

The funny thing is, 20 years later I did the exact same thing to this guy I was dating.

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 11:17:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

My mother is a pack-rat. I may never find my baby book amongst all the other crap she's kept for 57 years (she's 57, not me... just so we have that straight!).

As I read your mom's entries, I wondered if she was being funny or dead-pan serious. "... his mommy had to comfort and quiet him. Jenny chuckled." ;-)

Friday, April 14, 2006 at 2:51:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Knowing my mom, she was probably going for comedic effect.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 at 8:12:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home