See You In Hell!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The seat of evil














New "city" tires for the mountain bike: $50.

Tuneup for the formerly cobweb-encrusted bike: $100

Cardiovascular workout from riding it to and from work: free

The realization that the high-tech tiny ultralight seat on the bike (which, incidentally you last rode 6 years and 20 pounds ago) is a fucking WEDGE OF EVIL, progressively prying your "sit bones" apart like a motherfucking wishbone every excruciating moment of the 40 minute ride home: Priceless, my ass. Literally.

6 Comments:

Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

Ouch. That's all I can say. That, and that I think the seat is tipped up in the front a little too high for ANYONE's anatomy! OUUUUUCCCHHHH!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 7:17:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Crystal said...

look at that thing! it may as well have teeth!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 7:02:00 AM PST

 
Blogger eM said...

That looks painful. I got a gel seat that is still divided so as to be more supportive or something, but it's a lot cushier than that. That looks like a sterilizer if I've ever seen one!

ZSVEN!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 7:50:00 AM PST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the second day on a bike after a long while. ouchouchouchouchouch.

I wonder what it feels like for guys. My husband never seems to complain...

hmmm....

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 12:01:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Jim V said...

I think I saw the doc carrying one of those around at my wife's OBGYN.

Why was I at my wife's OBGYN? None of your fucking business, that's why!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 4:17:00 AM PST

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Jim, what are you doing up at 4 in the morning?

Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 8:09:00 AM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home