See You In Hell!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

10 Miles o' Fun! *UPDATE! Now with Picture!!*

265 Amy Lein Portland 1:50:18 11:02

That's my little by-line from the Crim
10 mile race on Saturday. There were
8,000 people running in the race total!
Mother of shit! There were 500 some in
my age group. And of course there were
some crazy Kenyan's who ran it in 48
minutes without even breaking a sweat.
I had a good race. I had my i-pod on
with a great mix o'tunes starting with
Whatta man by Salt n Pepa. I cruised along at a nice easy pace for the first 5 miles to the likes of Kielbasa by Tenacious D, Cypress Hill's Jump Around, and the inimitable (sp?!?) Richard Cheese telling me to "Shake my Ass." I grabbed water from the sidelines regularly and once I even grabbed a small beer! After mile 5 I felt so good I decided to change my pitch up, slap my bitch up, and pick up the pace a little and I finished the second half of the race much faster than the first, and even had a kick at the end! It felt great! I'll get a picture of sweaty, but happy, me when I finally figure out how to get the pix out of my phone and onto the computer. (You mean the pictures are IN my PHONE?!?!)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, dude! I think I've run ten miles total this summer, but hopefully your achievement will inspire me.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 11:41:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

So, I guess you think you're better than me now.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 11:57:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Floyd's Lists said...

Floyd only runs when chased.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 12:31:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Lisa said...

I think maybe I have run a total of 10 miles in my lifetime...

Love the Salt N Peppa too!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 6:28:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

EEK! 10 miles???? crap... i can't even imagine in which order my body would shut down after running 10 miles. would my kidneys go first, or my bowels???

Monday, September 4, 2006 at 8:50:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger amycita said...

I'm pretty sure the bowels would go first. Don't ask how I know that... just kidding! I didn't do one of those marathoner craps while running or anything. I just had to visit the terrifying port-a-johns before and after the race. And after the race? after 8,000-some people had run 10 miles? and their families had eaten snacks and waited for them to finish? Well, let's just say it was really fortunate for me that they tell you to pin that surprisingly soft paper number to your shirt. Also, halfway through I had to pee in the woods. Good times.

Monday, September 4, 2006 at 5:35:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Peed in the woods, eh? I bet that Brightwood photographer caught a picture of that too.

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 11:24:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger kari said...

hey! you are wearing toilet paper on your shirt!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 12:43:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home